The goal this February was to piece all 112 Chopsticks blocks for a long overdue commemorative quilt for OneMonthlyGoal by Elm Street Quilts. I tried at least every day to sew some. It took over an hour to sew each stack.
There were certainly some long days to get finished by today, but I had gotten sew far I wanted to put the blocks together.
I took so many pictures of all the blocks laid out trying to get balance from all the different fabrics.
Then once the rows were finished, I still had time to sew rows, and then I put in serious hours. Several 6 hours days, put sew worth it.
The trimming of the blocks was a little nerve racking.
But I have a quilt top!
I had collected these fabrics years ago and even raided friends stashes to add a few more; but it left me very few large pieces for a backing. Sew, I stitched some more!
I have quilted this pattern for a customer before and made a baby quilt with it as well. So I have custom designs by Nancy Thomas that I will use.
On to the Long Arm tomorrow!